December 29, 2011

DKMS

:only a life lived for others is worth living:
-albert einstein


maybe some of you know that I recently was swabbed.

you heard it right, swabbed.

after hearing a story about a little boy (right here in utah), who desperately needs a bone marrow transplant, I got online and contacted DKMS.





I didn't put any thought into it.

this was something I knew I had to do.


Q: why is there a need for people to sign-up as bone marrow donors? you may ask.
A: thousands of patients with leukemia and other life-threatening diseases depend on finding matching donors who can save their life. patients need donors who are a close genetic match. even with a registry of millions, 6 out of 10 patients NEVER receive the lifesaving transplant they need.  donors of all ethnicities are needed if we are going to change this.
(taken from DKMS website)


I have thought about doing this before in the past with other organizations.
but, I'm not going to lie, the $60 charge just to be put into the registry turned me off.
that may sound horrible, but it's true.

with DKMS, they let ANYONE register.
no money needed.

funny thing is.
I willing donated the cost of the swab.
maybe it's because no one was forcing me.
I don't know.
but I was happy to.

but what I do know, is that you should all get swabbed!
don't waste time!
you could be the only piece missing in a child's road to recovery!

see on my sidebar.
over there ---------->
and down
.
.
.
.
\/

click on it.

get the facts.

register.

together, we can help.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...