July 07, 2011

Cody

:death is nothing else but going home to God, the bond of love will be unbroken for all eternity:
- mother teresa 


sadly, my step-brother, cody bryce moosman, passed away on june 29.
cody was very kind and loving to all he knew.


we had the funeral on july 06, and decided to have a luncheon afterwards in my parents backyard.
it turned out to be such a beautiful day.


we all had things we wanted to say, since there was no chance for goodbyes.

so, how do you get a message to heaven?

balloons, of course!

we had 29 balloons filled, one for every year cody lived.
and well all wrote messages and notes to cody.


my amazing step-dad writing his message to his son.
my heart breaks thinking of the pain he feels.


my step-brother, dillon, writing to his brother.


cody's cousin, kresha, holding his son, river.


family and friends gathered together to celebrate cody.


cody's daughter, makayla, showing brynn her notes to her daddy.


getting ready to launch the balloons all together.


and they're off!


you can barely see them in this picture, but I loved how the little boy is hanging onto the fence watching them make their way to heaven.


we'll all miss you cody!
I am happy you are having a reunion with so many loved ones who passed before.

keep watching over your sweet children.
until we meet again.

4 comments:

Makell Wintle said...

Gosh that is so sad, 29 is much too young. I'm sorry chels. The balloon idea is So sweet.

John and Danielle Corrigan said...

Chelsea I am so sorry for your loss and I truly know how heart-wrenching it is to lose a loved one all too soon. I'm glad you know we will see them again :-)

Kandace said...

Oh man, this is just too sad. Thinking of you and your family.

Federico said...

The idea of the balloons is very poetic.
Sorry for your loss. Love to you and your family.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...