January 13, 2011

Wreaths

:who doesn't love a cute wreath?:

I made these beauties today.






I found wreaths just like these on etsy and I've totally been inlove with them..
but sadly, the merchant was selling them for about $40 each!


so, while at the craft store (aka: joanns and walmart {not really a craft store.. but they do have cheap yarn!}), I picked up the supplies to make my own.


the grapevine wreath cost me total of $4 to make. {gasp!}
the yarn wreath was a little more (because of my vintage pin I placed on it), it cost about $10 to make.


not. too. shabby.


I didn't take pictures of the process of making them. but, they are pretty self explanatory.


I will tell you how to make the spiral felt flowers:
1. cut out a circle from your felt.


2. cut a spiral into the circle by starting a cut into the outer edge of the circle and making a curved cut.  turn the circle while you cut, and keep angling the cut until the scissors reach the center of the circle and you have a spiral of felt.


3. hold the circle so the outer end of the spiral faces you. Use your thumb to roll the edge of the felt in toward the rest of the length of felt.


4. keep rolling the wool felt until the spiral completely winds around itself and looks like a rose.


5. glue bottom to secure.


that's it. simple, huh?

here is the grapevine wreath on my door.

love it!



any questions on this project? email me!
chelseachilds{at}yahoo{dot}com

2 comments:

Hayley said...

Those are soooo cute! What a great idea, I love the felt roses. Well done!

Hanna said...

You have really great talent! I love these... thanks for the pictures :D and showing how to make them.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...