February 19, 2011

Home Improvement

:gettin' stuff done:

while brandon has been home, we have been getting so much done around this house!

..and it feels so so good..


for starters:

I finally got my pictures hung up in my front room.
(that only took 2 years. no biggie.)
I still have a couple of frames to fill (or not?) but I love the way it turned out!

 used extra fabric and scrapbook paper I had to fill two frames. and whipped up the 'happily ever after' sign for the 8x10 frame.

 little chalkboard and a photo I took while in Dubai.

cute little silhouette of ern-doggie I made.
(if you'd like to use my background for this silhouette you can download it here. OR if you have a westie, you can download the whole silhouette here. ALSO you can download my happily ever after sign herefor free! hooray!
ps: silhouette's are so easy! if you have a paint program of any kind, you can make this!)

next, we have our basement!

what?!

yes!

the basement is (nearly) finished!

here is the totally awesome, beautiful, magnificent bar! my broseph did almost all the handy work in the basement
(ie: framing, sheet rocking, tiling, finish work, and built in furniture.
and guess what?! he does this for a living.
like what you see? give him a call. he is so amazing at his craft! email me for his info chelseachilds{at}yahoo{dot}com) 

the bathroom.. 
dang.
I love it more than the master bath. 

shut the front door!
I love this tub!
the wood is leftover ipe wood from our deck.
doesn't it look spa like? 

and finally - the theater!
I can't tell you how fun this room is.
at first I was kinda hesitant about having a theater. but now that it's done, I can't believe it's ours!
how lucky will our kids be to grow up with this?!


ok, so that was a mini tour of what we've been up too.
busy stuff around the childs' house.

when the basement is complete, I'll for sure be posting more pics.
I can't wait!



I will be posting more soon.

like of our park city trip!
heck yes!

7 comments:

Beardall's said...

Your house just gets cuter and cuter!!! I love it. You're so so crafty. Miss you lady!

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOD!!! Girl you are so crafty!!! We should craft together ;) LOOOOOVE IT!!!
Alisha

Unknown said...

Chels- you're right Trey IS amazing! I can't wait to see your basement!!! Possibly tonight!!!
<3 BBG

Kandace said...

Not a lie. I just read your entire blog from first post until now. I know that sounds creepy but I got sucked in. I HAD to show my husband your sea monkeys. He told me when he was little (in the 70's ;)) he ordered some on TV so I asked him if his looked like the ones on your post and he got pissed because his did NOT! Love your pad!

laboratory coats said...

i saw your blog and i amaze when i saw those pictures. love the craft of your house especially the basement. really nice.

Anonymous said...

I love how your basement is coming along. Trey has done such an AMAZING job so far! Love everything! Your crafts and photography are so incredible as well. :) Love coming over and spending time visiting you while Trey works and getting to see the progress! -Rylee

Nancy Nurse said...

love that bathroom lets have a tub party! oh the kids will jsut think eveyrone has a tv roomlike that ...y kids thinke veryone has big screens in the basement when people dont think they are odd..spoiled they are....I had black and white tv...love you

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...